The city of Kerrville is taking applications for an opening on the Zoning Board of Adjustments.

The board is in charge of hearing and deciding appeals that allege an error in any order, decision or determination made by a city administrative official regarding interpretation or enforcement of the zoning code, according to the city website.

The board also grants variances for situations in which a literal enforcement 

of an ordinance would create unnecessary hardship. These variances must not be contrary to public interest.

Five people, plus two alternates, make up the board. All must be residents and qualified voters of Kerrville.

The term lasts for two years. Every member is appointed by the Kerrville City Council.

The city secretary’s office accepts applications for all city boards throughout the year.

Those interested should submit the application specific to the board for which they are applying. Applications are available online on the city’s website at, or by dropping by the city secretary’s office in City Hall, 701 Main St.

Completed applications should be emailed to the city secretary’s office at

For details, contact City Secretary Shelley McElhannon at 830-258-1117 or visit the city’s website at

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.