The project to connect about 900 customers in the Center Point area to a wastewater plant in Kendall County is ongoing, and millions of dollars may be leftover by the time construction is finished next summer, officials said.

Total funding for the East Kerr County Center Point Wastewater Collection Project is about $63 million, with less than 20% of that overall budget paid for by loans, said Don Burger, an engineer with Tetra Tech, which the county hired to oversee the project. The other approximtely 80% of funding was provided in the form of forgivable loans and grants, Burger told the Kerr County Commissioners Court on Tuesday.  

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.